Look no further, this is the BEST EVER Hearty Beef Soup! This vegetable beef soup is loaded with tender, juicy chunks of beef that melt in your mouth and a glorious rich soup loaded with vegetables, it is truly the ultimate comfort food.
This simple homemade beef soup recipe has minimal active time, and it is sure to be on your table again and again. It has been on ours! If you are looking for the most spectacular fall soup, this is the one.
How To Make Beef Stew
Chad has been asking (almost begging) for beef stew or beef soup. Fall is upon us, and my family is craving comfort food. I wanted to create the ultimate beef soup for Chad (I prefer the beef stew).
So, I started with the right cut of beef and chose the perfect combination of liquids for the soup. What I created was far beyond what I had ever imagined.
Perfectly seared tender chunks of beef in a rich red wine beef broth with vegetables. You just can’t help but linger over every bite. It is our favorite soup of all time.
It blows up on our website all year long as millions of people flock to our site to get the recipe. It’s the ultimate meal in a bowl.
Beef Soup Recipe
The right cut of meat results in this tender melt in your mouth beef. It is perfect for this dish! The beef is browned first, adding an unbelievable caramel essence and nuttiness to the dish.
It adds a depth of flavor to the soup that you can not create any other way.
The real magic happens when the pan is deglazed. I chose the rich and fruity Cabernet Sauvignon; with hints of thyme and raspberry, it is a perfect pairing for beef soup.
The scrumptiously browned bits are scraped up and dissolved into the wine building a fabulously flavorful base for our creation.
Then the beef stock is added, and the browned beef is returned to the pot, and eventually, the veggies are added to the party.
The result is the Best Ever Hearty Beef Soup you have ever had in your life. Tender chucks of beef that you can cut with a spoon, scrumptious vegetables and the most dynamic soup that I have ever tasted.
The wine adds this amazing rich flavor to the soup making this the quintessential beef soup. Trust me; you’ll never need another recipe.
With only 20 minutes of active time, I am sure this easy recipe will be on your menu again and again. I already have a freezer stocked full of Chad’s new favorite, Hearty Beef Soup, to last us the season (maybe only the month at the rate he is devouring it).
Helpful Tips to Make the Best Ever Hearty Beef Soup:
- The best cuts of meat to use for this beef soup are chuck roast, chuck shoulder, chuck-eye roast or top chuck. These cuts will result in meltingly tender beef that you can cut with a spoon, perfect for this dish!
- I do not recommend using beef stew meat. It is a combination of cuts of meat that may not be right for this soup.
- Trim the hard fat (which does not melt during the cooking process) and silver skin (white and silvery looking) from beef. It takes about 5 minutes, but don’t skip this step. It is so worth it.
- For a thicker stew-like consistency, cut the beef stock back to 2 cups.
- Some people are sensitive to alcohol. I will say the wine adds a fabulous rich burgundy flavor to the soup, and if you can use the cabernet, I highly recommend it. However, you can substitute with beef stock, grape, pomegranate, or cranberry juice.
What you will need to make the Best Ever Hearty Beef Soup:
Dutch oven – This pot is perfect for searing and long cooking soups. It evenly distributes the heat and is perfect for this recipe.
Garlic Press – One of my most used kitchen tools! I received mine as a gift years ago and I can’t imagine why I never had one. It minces garlic with one squeeze, with the peel still on!